(Byt språk till svenska.)
|Phone:||+46 8 790 62 92|
|Fax:||+46 8 790 09 30|
|Address:||KTH CSC, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden|
|Visiting address:||Lindstedtsvägen 5, floor 5, room 4542|
I am a full professor in computer science in the
theoretical computer science group
I teach the courses
Algorithms, Data Structures and Complexity
Programme Integrating Course in Computer Science Engineering.
I am co-author of the book
Complexity and Approximation
that was published in November 1999 by Springer Verlag, ISBN 3-540-65431-3.
My research interest is currently within
natural language processing and
computer science education.
- My recent publications.
- Former research projects:
Algorithms for Swedish language tools,
Grammar checking for Swedish,
CrossCheck - a grammar checker for second language writers of Swedish,
Infomat - Swedish information retrieval with language technology and matrix computations,
Nordic net dictionary funded
by the Nordic council of ministers,
IMAIL-Intelligent e-mail answering service for eGovernment,
People's English-Swedish Dictionary.
- Internships - sorry, we don't take any internships.
- A PhD course in text clustering, autumn 2008.
- A PhD course in spelling and grammar checking tools, autumn 2005.
- My graduated PhD students:
Magnus Rosell (2009),
Jonas Sjöbergh (2006),
Johnny Bigert (2005),
Gunnar Andersson (2000),
Lars Engebretsen (2000).
- My PhD student:
- Program committees:
RANDOM'97 in Bologna 11-12 July 1997,
ICALP'01 on Crete in July 2001,
GoTAL'08 in Gothenburg in August 2008,
SLTC'08 in Stockholm in November 2008,
NoDaLiDa'09 in Odense in May 2009,
ITiCSE 2014 in Uppsala in June 2014.
- I was responsible for the application to HSV Centre of Excellence in Higher Education Award 2009 that we won!
- The KTH Language Committee
- A list of NP-complete optimization problems
and their approximability, composed by Viggo Kann and Pierluigi Crescenzi.
- Who's who in sciences academia?
- My children Amanda and
- People's English-Swedish Dictionary.
Up to CSC's home page.
Responsible for this page: Viggo Kann <email@example.com>
Latest change November 1, 2013
Technical support: <firstname.lastname@example.org>