(Byt språk till svenska.)
|Phone:||+46 8 790 62 92|
|Fax:||+46 8 790 09 30|
|Address:||KTH CSC, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden|
|Visiting address:||Lindstedtsvägen 5, floor 5, room 4542|
I am a full professor in computer science in the
theoretical computer science group
I teach the courses
Algorithms, Data Structures and Complexity
Programme Integrating Course in Computer Science Engineering.
I am co-author of the book
Complexity and Approximation
that was published in November 1999 by Springer Verlag, ISBN 3-540-65431-3.
My research interest is currently within
natural language processing and
computer science education.
- My recent publications.
- Former research projects:
Algorithms for Swedish language tools,
Grammar checking for Swedish,
CrossCheck - a grammar checker for second language writers of Swedish,
Infomat - Swedish information retrieval with language technology and matrix computations,
Nordic net dictionary funded
by the Nordic council of ministers,
IMAIL-Intelligent e-mail answering service for eGovernment,
People's English-Swedish Dictionary.
- Internships - sorry, we don't take any internships.
- A PhD course in text clustering, autumn 2008.
- A PhD course in spelling and grammar checking tools, autumn 2005.
- My graduated PhD students:
Magnus Rosell (2009),
Jonas Sjöbergh (2006),
Johnny Bigert (2005),
Gunnar Andersson (2000),
Lars Engebretsen (2000).
- My PhD student:
- Program committees:
RANDOM'97 in Bologna 11-12 July 1997,
ICALP'01 on Crete in July 2001,
GoTAL'08 in Gothenburg in August 2008,
SLTC'08 in Stockholm in November 2008,
NoDaLiDa'09 in Odense in May 2009.
- I was responsible for the application to HSV Centre of Excellence in Higher Education Award 2009 that we won!
- A list of NP-complete optimization problems
and their approximability, composed by Viggo Kann and Pierluigi Crescenzi.
- Who's who in sciences academia?
- My children Amanda and
- People's English-Swedish Dictionary.
Up to CSC's home page.
Responsible for this page: Viggo Kann <email@example.com>
Latest change November 5, 2012
Technical support: <firstname.lastname@example.org>