Use Case: manual_redistribution_between_warehouses
(Words in italic refer to words from the Noun List)
- The Foreman gives a command for redistribution between warehouses.
- A window is presented to the Foreman.
- The items can be ordered in a number of ways. This is selected with
the ORDER menu.
The following orders are possible:
- alphabetical order
- index order (each item has a unique number)
- turnover of items
- storing order.
- In the "From place" table, we might choose to view either all
places in the current warehouse
or, if we have selected an item, the places where that item
- In the "To warehouse" table, we might select all warehouses
or the warehouses that we
have a transport to this week.
- The "Issuer" and "Warehouse" fields are automatically
filled when the window pops up,
but they may be changed. (This is the way to do a redistribution from another
our own warehouse.)
- The Foreman selects an item by pointing to it and dragging
it to the redistribution form.
The Foreman then selects from which place to take the items
and to which warehouse to
transport them. This information is shown automatically in the form.
- The Foreman then gives the quantity to be moved (a possibility is
to choose "ALL")
and a date by which it must be done.
- It is possible to change the information when the form has been edited.
Foreman EXECUTES the redistribution, the transport is planned. It is
to CANCEL the redistribution. Selecting HELP shows a window of information
about the current window.
- When the redistribution is executed, the items to be moved are marked
as "move pending".
- The planning should minimise the use of trucks, on condition that
all delivery dates
should be kept, and the trucks should be compatible with any delivery
for the items (for example, in size, weight or temperature). This should
be done by
adjusting existing, already planned redistributions to take account of the
- This may create new transport requests and may also change existing transport
requests already in the system.
- The transport requests are connected to a specific trucks transportation
- A Truck Driver asks for a transportation request. The request is
marked as ongoing.
The Truck Driver also gives the expected time of truck arrival
at the warehouse.
- The system gives a relevant request to the Forklift Operators
to have the items ready
when and where the truck is expected.
- When a Warehouse Worker gets a request to fetch items, at
the appropriate time,
the Warehouse Worker orders Forklift Operators to move the items
to the loading platform.
- When the Truck Driver arrives, the items are loaded. The Truck
Driver tells the system when the truck is loaded and when it is
expected to be at the new warehouse.
- The system decreases the number of items in this warehouse
and marks the transport
request as "On Transport".
- When the truck has arrived at the new warehouse, the items
- The Truck Driver tells the system that the transport to this warehouse
has been done.
- The Warehouse Workers receive the items and determine a place
for them in the
- Forklift Operators are told to move the items to the new place
in the new warehouse.
- When the Truck Driver confirms the insertion, the system updates
the new place
for the items.
- The transportation is recorded and stored in the system.
- The redistribution and the transport request are marked as "Performed".
deleted by a Foreman or the System Manager later.)
- A request is not executable: the execution is interrupted and the
the request is informed.
- Redistribution is wrong: when the redistribution is filled in and
executed by the
Foreman, the appropriateness is checked immediately and errors are
the Foreman. Possible errors may be
(a) The warehouse place does not have enough items to move.
(b) The destination warehouse is not appropriate to the item (for example
of size, weight or temperature problems)
- No truck available: when performing the planning, there may not be
any trucks available
at an appropriate time. Then notify the Foreman who should either delete
or change it.