Seeing the world on taxpayer money
This is supposed to become a collection of weird anecdotes and photos from my travelling abroad. So far, not much has been put here. These are the planned parts (though it should be noted they are not finished or sometimes even started):
- Seeing Japan on Japanese taxpayer money. Latest installment on new address
- Swedish customs, not really photos from travelling, but inspired by travels.
- LREC'06 in Genoa, Italy, in the late spring of 2006.
- Sapporo, fall of 2005, a six months stay in northern Japan.
- RANLP'05, a trip to Borovets in Bulgaria.
- PACLING'05, a trip to Tachikawa, Japan, with two and a half weeks of vacationing on the side.
- CICLING'05, a trip to Mexico City, Mexico.
- NoDaLiDa'03, a trip to Reykyavik, Iceland.
- RANLP'03, the first trip to Borovets, Bulgaria.
Apart from these, a few other places have also been visited but without access to cameras... maybe a few noteworthy anecdotes may be put up if I am sufficiently bored some day.
- ICON'03, Mysore, India. The great story of how not to travel with three enormous daggers in your carry on luggage... and daring Indian traffic in just your shorts, on the back of a motor cycle whilst carrying your presentation slides in your hands.
- NoDaLiDa'05, Joensuu, Finland. The tragic display of Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest and the not great description of the road to the pub as "start at the square and move away"...
- LREC'04, Lisbon, Portugal. The story of the Chicken King.
- LREC'02, Las Palmas, Spain. Panic Music, people sleeping on the balcony with a newspaper for a pillow, vodka for breakfast etc.
Complaints should likely be sent to Jonas. If you would like to have a high resolution copy of one of these images (or some other you suspect I have), please feel free to let me know.