Viewing & Printing Postscript Files
All handouts are available in postscript format and you should be able to
view the files simply by left-clicking on the links.
If this does not work, you can set the default application for viewing
postscript files as follows.
This instructs Netscape to use the ghostview program to view
- Open the preferences box under the Edit menu.
- Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator ->
Applications. You should see
a list of format descriptions and default
applications. If you do not have a default
application for postscript documents already,
click on the "New..."-button.
- Enter the following information and be sure to select
the radiobutton Application under Handled By.
- Description: Postscript document
- MIMEType: application/postscript
- Suffixes: eps,ps
- Handled By (Application): ghostview %s
- Click the OK-button twice to close the preferences box.
The ghostview program (/usr/local/bin/ghostview) can be used to view
postscript files under Unix,
> ghostview filename
The file can be printed from the file menu of ghostview or using
> lpr -Pprintername filename
in the Unix shell.
Responsible for this page: Christer Andersson <email@example.com>
Technical support: <firstname.lastname@example.org>