Upp till kursens hemsida.
Recent information on 2D1263, Scientific Computing
- Exam in August 2000 . An extra exam will
take place wednesday August 30, 8-13 o'clock in room E34.
- Computer exercise 3
- Concerning, lab 3, the time step must be set to 0.001, not 0.007
as stated in the instruction. Furthermore, for the given data, the forward
Euler time stepping will not be stable, but the second order Runge-Kutta
method will work. If you have problems, you can replace the state (5,-23.664,128.5) in the instruction by (3.375,-7.125,12.7589). You then get a slower
and weaker wave, which should be run to time 1.8, and for which forward
- I have booked room 4523 on wednesday the 19th January 2000,
8-12 o'clock for a second exam. The previously given day,January 11th,
was not suitable for a large number of students, and has therefore
been moved to the 19th.
- Old exams
- Solutions for the exam that was given 21/10 are available
- The final exam will take place the 21st of October, in room F12,
8:00-13:00. The exams from the previous semester
in March, and in June,
Handed out during the course. The lecture notes
from spring 1999 are available.
There will be 12 lectures, each 2x45 minutes, starting the 1/9 1999
at 10:15 in room 4523, NADA, 5th floor. The lectures will be given
tuesdays at 10:15 (starting the 14/9) in room 4523, and thursdays
at 13:15-15:00 in room 4523 ( exeptions the 2/9 at 13:15 in room 1537,
the 30/9 at 10:15 in room 4523 ).
During the week 6-10 September there will be no lectures.
A preliminary planning for the lectures:
- Introduction. Handling of geometry, different methods for grid
The language C++. Implementation of a grid generator in C++.
- Different kinds of partial differential equations. Difference
approximations on curviilinear grids. Truncation error. Handling of
boundary conditions, and implementation in C++. Data structures for
CFD, examples of CFD codes.
- Parallel computers, partitioning of a computational domain
on a machine with distributed memory. Programming with MPI.
Load balancing, and performance modelling. Different types of computers.
There will be 3 compulsory programming excercises.
For exercise 2, you can start from the program
For exercise 3, you need the difference operator in the
- Fractional numbers 1
- Fractional numbers 2
- Simple vector class.
- Simple vector class with templates.
- Simple C exercises
- A C++ class exercise
with a suggested solution
Some books and links
at Sun microsystems.
- C++ tutorial
- List of references
- The MPI tutorial from EPCC at Edinburgh.
- The MPI homepage contains
documents describing the MPI standard, and other MPI related information.
- Link to overture home page.
- Link to OpenMP home page.
Upp till kursens hemsida.
Senast ändrad 20 juli 2000
Tekniskt stöd: <firstname.lastname@example.org>